• What is the reason for this temporary need? Personal Leave of current RN
• Is the position possibly temp to hire for the right candidate or strictly temp? Strictly temporary
• What would be the yearly salary? Even a salary range would be fine. This helps us determine the level of experience required.
• Street Address (Including Room & Floor Number) 180 Fort Washington Avenue
• Hours the associate will be working? 8:30am – 4:30pm (may vary)
• Who will be the Timesheet Approvers? Melody Ortiz (secondary Ron Spencer)
Reporting to the Department Administrator and the Chair of the Department, the Clinical Coordinator will be responsible for assisting physicians and assuring the efficient day-to-day clinical operations of the outpatient physician practice.
- Maintenance and preparation of treatment areas, medical equipment and supplies.
- Examine and triage patients in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals in an outpatient setting to provide quality care and to improve patient outcomes by strengthening continuity of care.
- Assist physicians with clinical procedures such as fluoroscopically-guided epidural spine injections, botulinum toxin injections and joint injections, including prioritizing and facilitating scheduling, instruction of patients and families in pre-op preparations, and providing hand-on assistance during procedures such as positioning patients or managing physician equipment needs. This will involve providing care in a fluoroscopy room and outpatient clinic rooms, as well as in operating/procedure rooms.
- Perform minor medical procedures such as urinary catheterization, wound dressing changes, etc., under the direction of a physician.
- Participate in the rehabilitative care of patients throughout the lifespan, ranging in age from infants and toddlers to the elderly.
- Communicate effectively by providing teaching to patients and their families regarding disease processes, diagnostic testing, pre- and post-procedural and general rehabilitative care. Respond promptly and effectively to inquiries from patients regarding their medical care, including questions about rehabilitation equipment, medications, physician consultations, diagnostic testing, and other patient concerns as they arise.
- Obtaining and informing physicians and patients of laboratory, radiologic, or other diagnostic testing.
- Review laboratory results and other clinical information pertinent to patient health, order appropriate tests and other ancillary services as needed, and develop care plans for patients.
- Participate in the recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of Department Practice Associates.
- Oversee the daily operations of the outpatient physician practice to assure an efficient, high-quality, customer-oriented practice environment.
- Assisting patients with coordination of services in a professional manner to ensure overall patient satisfaction.
- Develop, review, and appropriately update policies, protocols, standards of practice, standard operating procedures and scope of clinical practice for the Department of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine.
- Complete patient history and disability forms, and phone-in, write, or electronically submit prescriptions as needed.
- Functions within the standards of practice established by Division of Nursing and American Nurses Association Standards of Clinical Practice. Acts within the policies and procedures of the University, hospital, and clinical department.
- Work on special projects and perform other related duties assigned or requested.