Investment Analyst – Job description
In brief summary, the Investment Analyst is responsible for modeling, underwriting, market research, and producing reports and other materials for both the management team and investors.
All team members are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide financial modeling, deal underwriting and analysis, market research, transaction due diligence, and pitch books for acquisitions, financings, and dispositions
- Market, economic and demographic research to evaluate markets for existing or potential investments.
- Asset management of existing property investments. This will include maintaining and updating financial projections, communicating with joint venture partners, preparing asset reports, preparing property valuations, property site inspections, market research and analysis.
- Produce materials for weekly and monthly asset management reviews and investor reporting packages
- Assist in coordinating loan draws, forecasting project budgets and cash flows, and managing project deliverables.
- Independently develop financial models, including property-level budgets, financial proformas, cash flow waterfalls, and sensitivity analyses for debt and equity investment opportunities
- Assist in preparing business plans, including deal memorandums, annual operating plans, financial forecasts and strategic plans.
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications (Skills – technical and non-technical):
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-5 years of Banking/Real Estate Investment/Private Equity experience
- Experience in budgeting, financial analysis and portfolio review
- Experience in working in a cross-functional group, project management and/or process improvement
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines is a must
- Expert experience with Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of all aspects of real estate investment and financing processes, including but not limited to market analysis, financial analysis, property valuation, and capital markets.
- Team player who is organized, proactive, self-directed, conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously