The MIS Engineer will maintain the information systems of LTI’s data structure and services by providing various services to internal users and external clients. This position has a superior understanding of Network management, application deployments, computer operation and ability to develop policies and procedures. This position plans, manages, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished. This position requires hands-on knowledge of information technology disciplines and experience managing technology processes and making proactive recommendation to support business goals. Acts as a liaison between client services, management and product development to ensure that high impact problems are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner.
The position may manage complex projects through entire project lifecycle (inception, design, development, integration and test, trial, and deployment). Act as a liaison with appropriate company personnel and vendors to ensure project compliance to standards, coordinate multiple complex high priority tasks. Assure feature and functionality and performance metrics requirements are defined. Initiate, facilitate, and monitor specific inter/intra-departmental project progress and performance to assure quality and on time delivery. Ensure milestone dates are met. Monitor risks during various stages of the project and escalate issues to the appropriate level of management. Maintain project status reports on projects. Create and manage contingency plans for projects. Estimate and manage budgets. Evaluate impact change request against communicated timelines. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
• Provide primary support for Salesforce and Service Cloud, both hands on and as Primary point of contact with outside SFDC support vendor. Requires ability to work in partnership with VP and Director level staff to recommend Salesforce based solutions, utilizing outside resources as required.
• Manage internal help desk providing support for all on-premises hardware, including workstations, servers, mobile devices, storage, backup, switching, routing and firewalls.
• Manage monitoring and alerting of internal systems to assure availability.
• Create and maintain corporate MIS/IT policies to satisfy audit & compliance requirements of clients and regulatory agencies.
• Management of Domain SSL and Email Security Certificates.
• Maintain and support IP Office telephone system, utilizing 3rd party resources as necessary.
• Manage ISP vendor for corporate office.
• Maintain and administer corporate Office365 & SharePoint installation, utilizing MSP resources while maintaining managerial control.
• Assure employee onboarding and offboarding IT needs are met in a timely manner.
• Manage the corporate Mobile phone accounts at AT&T and Verizon
• Administer various services systems including: Dropbox, Slack, Smartsheet, Adobe Cloud, Github, Jira, Github, SVN, Webex, WhatsUpGold, Microsoft/Office 365
• Coordinate purchasing of software and equipment to meet needs of users
• Manage MIS budget
• System backups/disaster recovery – Make sure that our software and hardware is secure, backed up, and running
• Security standards/compliances – Implement new processes or changes to keep us in line with best practices for security
• Firewalls and Intrusion detection systems
• IP/Office and Avaya systems – Support and maintenance of the phone systems and IVR phone tree.
• Create and track end to end project plan in conjunction PMO and project leads.
• Track tasks and milestones across all parties, including vendors.
• Coordinate, manage, and drive test organization activities.
• Facilitate bug triage, manage bug lists across vendors, track issue resolution with lead engineer.
• Coordinate change request generation and tracking.
• Make project scheduling decisions in conjunction with the lead engineer or facilitate conversations necessary for decision making.
• Report on project’s progress as required by product engineering management.
• Identify and manage critical path and risk areas, and create risk response and mitigation plans.
• Report weekly (or as necessary) on any risks/issues.
• Escalate issues as required to unblock open issues.
• Work with other project managers to track and manage inter-project dependencies.
• Communicate updates on major milestones, escalations, and status to lead engineer and lead project manager.
• Work with lead engineer and management to set project specific budget.
• Project spend rates based on the budgets.
• Manage within budgetary objectives set by manager, monitoring and controlling costs within functional area.
• Maintain the organization's servers and systems LAN workstations and servers. Plan, install, control, and maintain personal computers within the organization working with outside MSP to assure timely service. Plan, monitor, and evaluate the performance of systems.
• Manage annual compliance items such as vulnerability scans, pen-tests, security audits required by clients.
• Manages all aspects of backup and disaster recovery.
– Provides support for internal users regarding hardware, software and network equipment issues
– Communicates with vendors and coordinate service for hardware/software as needed
– Maintains hardware/software inventory, service calls, and user identification records
– Documents reference materials and work procedures
– Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes and work cooperatively to provide quality seamless customer service
• Provides support for internal users regarding hardware, software and network equipment issues
• Communicates with vendors and coordinate service for hardware/software as needed
• Maintains hardware/software inventory, service calls, and user identification records and asset list
• Documents reference materials and work procedures
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes and work cooperatively to provide quality seamless customer service
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related
• 5+ years of experience
• PMP or equivalent and/or COBIT/ITIL
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• This is a position that has direct contact with the entire organization as well as external clients and vendors, the ability to communicate well and effectively is required.
• IP Office/IVR experience useful
• LAN / WAN Network Support
• Satisfy user requests; guide customers towards effective solutions
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Experience monitoring Network and Application servers and troubleshoot performance issues
• Excellent documentation skills
• Responsible for all hardware, software and security systems; helpdesk functions
• Implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure systems, upgrades and services
• Telecom system administration
• Understanding of Active Directory, TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, UDP and RPC
• Configuration, administration, and monitoring the organization's servers and systems, firewalls, LAN, IP Phone, workstations, servers and network infrastructure
• A strong troubleshooting skill-set, including understanding how to effectively use development tools to identify and eliminate software defects is necessary.
• Network setup and security
• Asset inventory management
• Patch management for infrastructure, hotfixes, etc.
• Remote employee support
• Responsible for managing all audio/video conferencing, wireless infrastructure, cell phones, door access
• Partner with the PMO to sponsor and complete projects
• Prepare and maintain technical specifications and related documentation to secure procedures and prevent system failure
• Windows Server administration
– Active Directory Group Policies administration
– Windows/Windows Server
– Microsoft Office support
– Excellent documentation skills
– Understanding of TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, UDP and RP
– Microsoft Exchange/Office 365
– MS SQL Server Administration (non-DBA)
– Windows Server System and File Backup Architectures
– LAN / WAN Network Support
– Network printer support
– Experience working on servers, workstations and laptops
– IP Office/IVR experience useful
– Acronis Backup
– SolarWinds, Wug, Nagios, Spiceworks or similar Network and Application Monitoring
– Expertise with Linux
– Familiarity with Hyper-V