RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Perform a medical history with each resident upon the resident’s entry into the program utilizing referral information, a face-to-face resident interview, and collateral records and communications. The purpose of the assessment is to determine the resident's general health condition, identify any medical needs and/or risk factors which may exist, and develop a care plan for any presenting or out-standing medical issues. At the conclusion of such an assessment, the RN will discuss the resident’s needs with the assigned worker and may refer the resident to a physician for further follow-up treatment, if required.
- Collaborates with assigned worker and residents to develop an integrated service plan that includes any physical health needs that a resident may have.
- Works with assigned workers to coordinate care with existing medical providers.
- Develops and maintains collaborative partnerships with community health care providers.
- Responsible for health education and communicating information regarding good health practices to residents.
- May run health groups.
- Provide medical consultation and support to program staff.
- Participate in program case conferences, briefings, event reviews, case record reviews, continuous quality improvement and other meetings/trainings.
- Responsible for data collection and analysis, with support, around resident medical needs and outcomes.
- Perform all necessary charting and documentation as required by internal practice and external regulatory bodies.
- Review medical records, lab results, hospital discharge papers and coordinate care with workers.
- Provide advocacy for hospitalized residents.
REQUIREMENTS: RN or BA in nursing and New York State registration is required. Experience in a
Residential setting or in the mental health field strongly preferred.