Reports to — Vice President of Accounting
The Accounts Payable and Receivable Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the financial records for the company. The duties of the position shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage and coordinate accounts payable and receivable system.
• Run checks
• Prepare bank deposits
• Handle company’s banking needs, including reconciling monthly bank statements and monitoring cash balances
• Resolve accounts payable and vendor issues
• Reconcile expenses to the general ledger
• Maintain accounting files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
• Prepare financial and other reports as required
• Assist with audits and governmental reporting, i.e. sales tax returns, 1099’s, etc.
• Make recommendation to senior accounting staff for journal entries, adjustments, accruals, etc.
• Assist with administrative and office support activities for multiple team members
• Degree in Accounting
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Experience with Yardi, MRI or Timberline Accounting software required