7-10 years retail asset manager experience….NO JUMPY BACKGROUNDS.
National experience is a major plus!
REAL ESTATE ASSET MANAGER
Shopping Center Properties
New York-based $9B AUM real estate private equity investment and management firm with an institutional and private investor fund base.
ASSET MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be responsible for strategically managing retail real estate investments to maximize property performance, asset values and investment returns. To successfully meet this goal, the Retail Asset Manager will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the real estate markets in which portfolio assets are located;
- In collaboration with team members, prepare and oversee the execution of the annual business plaris for each property including development of leasing objectives, operating and financial budgets, and capital projects;
- Actively participate in the leasing process which includes guiding venture partners in strategy and approving all LOis, new leases, renewals and redevelopments;
- Develop and implement leasing and repositioning strategies, including ammal marketing and advertising/social media plans, and tenant relations initiatives;
- Periodically visit and tour assigned assets, attend trade shows nationally, meet with brokers and tenants and seek out new business;
- Provide material support in the new investment process by providing the team with market intelligence in geographic markets where managed assets are located. This person will also be relied upon to master new markets as acquisition targets are identified and by providing market assessments, Argus modeling support and risk assessment for prospective investments. Insofar as position requires cradle to grave asset involvement, responsibilities will also include eventual support in the disposition process as asset managed projects are monetized.
The successful candidate should possess at least 7-10 years of experience in the retail real estate sector. Company is noted for its "hands on" asset management style, and therefore deep experience at the asset level including leasing and asset management negotiating skills are valued credentials. He/she should possess a depth of tenant relationships and should have insight and knowledge into retailers' market position, expansion plans, and co-tenancy preferences. Strong organizational skills in addition to excellent quantitative, written and verbal communication skills are required. Our new valued Retail Asset Manager will have a take-ownership mentality, while being a collaborative team player who exhibits maturity, creativity, diplomacy and self-confidence. Position is based in Manhattan and involves approximately 25% travel.