The Senior Accountant / Analyst will be responsible for managing the general ledger, providing oversight of financial statement analytics, and implementing policies and tools to automate and benchmark our financial position.
- Forensic account analysis of data related to Fixed Assets, Financial Reporting and Balance Sheet, and related party transactions.
- Cash Management and Bank Reconciliations
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business as well as by various business units.
- Assist in coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Assist with coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Assist in Managing the budget process and automating this process in our MRI program.
- Oversight of credit card purchases, expense reports and coding
- Accounts Payable oversight functions
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database and have technical abilities to implement improved processes and automation as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Ad Hoc projects
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a commercial real estate setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Tax and Accrual reporting.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- MRI experience is a plus.