Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide screening, diagnoses and evidence-based therapy to clients and provide individual, family and group psychotherapy in a variety of settings.
- Must have an understanding of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders (DSM –V).
- Conducting intake assessments, counseling, and collaborating with other programs to provide appropriate clinical services and facilitate communication.
- Advocating for and assisting clients in navigating the service delivery system, providing information and referral services as needed, and serving as a liaison with various social service agencies, including mental health clinics and hospitals, to ensure receipt of appropriate clinical and related services.
- Utilizes the social work interventions in providing case management services, and improved patient management across the continuum of care for chronic diseases
- Maximizes care skills by increasing the client/family/significant other(s) ability to cope with client's health status/prognosis/outcome.
- Identifies/screens customers and meets their service requirements.
Assesses patient/family for appropriate utilization of resources and community services.
- Maintains files of care coordination, final outcomes and delays with implementation of services.
- Consults With Other Disciplines in the Care and Treatment of Patients:
- Participates in patient rounds to assess clients' barriers to care and coordinate healthcare system and community organization resources to address clients' needs and psychosocial needs, verify appropriate social work interventions, documentation and compliance with standards.
- Serves as liaison to all members of the interdisciplinary team to facilitate information sharing and problem solving related to patient psychosocial management plan and care coordination.
- Identifies future patient education requirements by maintaining rapport with potential and actual clients and other persons in a position to understand emerging patient education requirements.
- Intervenes to support coordination of chronic care in an appropriate and timely fashion.
Facilitates referrals for services and interventions.
- Identifies and intervenes in compliance with care management issues on an ongoing basis
- Initiates appropriate interventions after conferring with patient, family physician, and the interdisciplinary team.
- Addresses and resolves patient/family satisfaction issues on an ongoing basis.
Identifies and/or intervenes to meet the psychosocial / counseling needs of the patient/family in crisis, i.e. end of life, abuse, and neglect issues.
- Participating in team meetings, individual supervisory meetings, and case conferences and documenting
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services as determined by the Medical Director.
- Comply with all laws applicable to and practice within scope of Pediatrics, including HIPPA.
- Other related duties
- Requires the ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, races, sexual orientations and gender identities or expressions.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient, clients, proprietary, and protected information.
- Employees are accountable for meeting performance standards of their departments. They participate in compliance audits and quality improvement plans.
- Education – provides health teaching to patients and families, participates in development and delivery of educational programs for area health care providers.
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- Licensure required – Valid NYS LCSW-R
- Computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft applications.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Experience working in an environment that provides Individual/Group Therapy
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sensitivity to cultural, religious, racial, disability, and gender issues.
Other Related Skills/Experience:
- Must be culturally competent and sensitive towards diverse ethnic groups, cultural groups, including LGTBQ populations.
- Experience working in community-based health care settings is also preferred
- Experience/An understanding of eClinical Works is helpful.
- The ability to demonstrate teamwork and effective interpersonal relations skills is imperative.
- Excellent written/oral communication and computer skills are required.
- Ability to foster and maintain a positive working relationship in a multidisciplinary team and clients