Job title: Registered Nurse (Pulmonary Hypertension Pediatric Cardiology)
Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Temp Assignment until early June with a possible extension pending on when person on leave returns.
- Assistance to the Pulmonary Hypertension Center in the Division of Pediatric Cardiology treating both children and adults with Pulmonary Hypertension.
- The nurse will provide patient care primarily in a combined inpatient/outpatient setting.
- The nurse will spend time educating families of patients with pulmonary hypertension, monitoring their clinical course, seeing patient in clinic 3 days/week, returning patient calls, submitting medication applications, obtaining insurance prior authorization for medications.
- Attend weekly patient meetings and monthly PH multidisciplinary conferences.
- PH Clinical research activities will include I!RB/regulatory responsibilities (IRB and CTO submissions), identifying potential study participants, providing protocol related education to families and hospital personnel. Conducting screening to determine eligibility, acquiring informed consent, randomizing eligible patients, using Study Manager for accurate billing, and completing case report forms as well as maintaining inventory of devices and supplies.
- The nurse will serve as a liaison to the pharmaceutical companies and contract research organizations.
- Any other related duties as assigned.