Full time permanent Speech Language Pathologist
Setting: Skilled Nursing
- Optimize communication and swallowing skills of patients in facilities by performing the following activities: screening of all residents: evaluating and treating all patients who could benefit from intervention as referred by a state approved referral source.
- Enhancing clinical expertise, professional and management skills through interaction with managers, therapists and other professional staff, self-study, and other continuing education activities. Maintaining valid state license (where appropriate); obtain membership and participate in professional organizations; maintain awareness of issues related to the profession of Speech Language Pathology and the health care environment.
- Understand managed care/Prospective Payment System (PPS) billing and treatment guidelines. Provide quality care as well as reasonable goals and outcomes within the guidelines.
- Compliant with infection control procedures and environmental safety protocol within a facility.
- Effective clinical problem solving skills (e.g. identify and prioritize issues in responsive manner, develop sound and innovative action plans, execute action plans on a timely basis, ensure appropriate results, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Current American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) Certificate of Clinical Competency in Speech Language Pathology or current eligibility for certification process by following ASHA and Reliant Pro Rehab, LLC guidelines for Clinical Fellowship Year experience.
- Valid California state license (where appropriate).
- Valid driver’s license.
Apply today: send resume to email@example.com