Our client, a global market leader that formulates, melts, and processes alloys and super alloys, seeks a Component Engineer for their headquarters in Bethel CT. The successful candidate will act as a project manager, interfacing directly with customers along with sales and marketing staff to bring component based products from concept to production.
- Must possess strong project management, analytical, and communication skills .
- Establish costs for new products and evaluate how changes affect costs.
- Provide guidance to customers as necessary and appropriate.
- Design robust, cost effective tools / processes and oversee prototype fabrication.
- Troubleshoot problems and define preventative and corrective actions.
- Generate system documentation including creation of prints, procedures, inspection protocols, work instructions, process control documents (Flow Chart, Control Plan, pFMEA, FAI, PPAP, etc)
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: OSHA, FDA).
- Work closely with the manufacturing engineering group to release components from the development stages to mass manufacturing.
- Work with Operations, Quality, Model Shop, Customer Service, and Logistics departments to produce products at the highest quality level in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ Years' experience
- Must be proficient with MS Office and CAD solid modeling (preferably SolidWorks).
- Experience with Process Controls: Control Plan, pFMEA, DOE, MSA, Problem solving, etc. Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 or similar environment
- General Metallurgy knowledge a plus.
U.S. Citizens and Green Card Holders Only