The Information Technology Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Lead Network Engineer in either the Tallahassee or Washington, DC office. The Lead Network Engineer provides technical and thought leadership, network design, administration and support in the engineering, design and operations of voice, collaboration, data and wireless communications solutions for implementation of the Firm’s network. The candidate should have a strong technical background in routing protocols, network design and architecture, Cisco hardware and software implementation, as well as expertise with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM). The role of network lead will be expected to produce network implementation and migration plans. Must be able to design, test and support network components in various stages of deployment. The position requires the candidate to be able to produce and review technical documentation.
- College degree preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in providing networking support in a Global Cisco network and voice environment.
- Previous employment in legal information technology is desired, but not required.
CCNA and/or CCNP certification, as well as demonstrated experience with VPN, QoS, BGP, EIGRP and TCP/IP concepts in general. CCIE is an added plus but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience configuring and supporting a Cisco CUCM environment that uses SIP, UCCX, CUAC and Presence.
- Experience with MPLS mesh and Cisco ASA firewalls is preferred. Experience with Palo Alto firewalls is a plus.
- Experience with Nexus IOS, CAT 4500 series and 9000 Series switching.
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Effectively oral and written communication.
- Ability to identify the appropriate method of communication.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to identify practical solutions to complex problems which may require the introduction of new technology, refinements to existing technology solutions or manual processes.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Ability to analyze technical problems to insure proper resolution.
- Must be able to manage multiple demands simultaneously by addressing priorities to insure all deadlines are met.