They need qualified candidates to fill an immediate need!
This can range from an Executive Assistant going on maternity leave, to assuring a retail warehouse has enough Facilities clerks in time for the Christmas season rush. Temporary Employees fill in the gaps!
“Help Services” is needed in major real estate investment firms when a new internal database system is implemented, or when tax season starts and the state department needs customer service reps to answer the phone for 7 months. Almost every industry / vertical you can think of uses temporary employees.
Much like perm employees, candidates need to qualify for the position and clear background checks. The difference is, Temp employees can be requested to start as early as the following day. This means, we do volume! We find qualified candidates, quick, sometimes placing qualified candidates within an hour from the original submission. This service is essential for any organization looking for additional support in crush time situations.
On average there are 3 million temporary workers per week in the US (NY: 146,500; NJ: 123,100; CT: 30,000) – the link below has all 50 states listed
The US gained 26,500 temporary help services jobs February 2018, a year-over-year increase of 4.15%, according to seasonally adjusted numbers released today by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. The temp penetration rate — temporary jobs as a percent of total employment — rose to 2.04% in February from 2.03% in January.- link below
HOW DO WE FIT IN:
- Same day/1 day
- Part-Time (i.e., few hours every day or full days for a couple of days a week)
- Short Term (Less than 1 month)
- Long Term (1 month +)
- Temp-Perm (normally 3-6 months)…most contracts include a sliding scale fee schedule…we like the ones that require a fee no matter how long person was on job
TYPES OF POSITIONS:
- Executive and Administrative Assistant-supporting all levels of staff
- Receptionist-providing front desk and back office support
- Customer Service/Member Service-providing high call volume, client or member services (sometimes requires candidates that are Bilingual Spanish, Albanian, Mandarin, Cantonese, etc.)
- Data Entry Operators/Clerks-inputting data into excel spreadsheets or database systems
- Office Assistant-combination of reception and admin…more junior role
- Shipping Clerk/Facilities-sometimes requires previous mailroom/shipping experience
- Marketing Assistant-creating and/or putting marketing material together and updating data
- Office Managers-combination of admin, reception and managing a department/office making sure that a company’s support staff is running smoothly.
- Legal Proofreader/Word Processors
Lauren Buonopane – Director, Office Support