Manhattan portfolio- Midtown/Downtown
Must be comfortable travelling around to multiple locations. Can’t be someone who just wants to stay in one place.
They need someone with strong technical expertise in residential bldgs. (ideally walk-ups) with boilers.
TITLE: Facilities Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the maintenance of multiple properties. The purpose of the position is to maintain properties in excellent physical condition and to satisfy the objectives of the property owner.
• Supervise Superintendents, Handymen and Porters, if applicable.
• Oversees custodial contractors, if applicable.
• Assigns and distributes work orders on a daily basis.
• Returns completed work orders to the office.
• Ensures that the established preventive maintenance plan is being carried out for the property / properties.
• Ensures that curb appeal is being maintained, including lobbies, grounds, common areas, etc.
• Performs documented weekly / monthly / quarterly / annual inspections of all properties.
• Must be available after business hours in the event of an emergency.
• Must immediately report all emergency conditions to his/her supervisor.
• Oversees the work of all contractors in his/her portfolio, and does not allow work to be performed unless properly authorized and documented in accordance with company policy.
• Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventories of materials necessary to carry out duties. Orders must be approved in accordance with the company’s procurement policies.
• Reports deferred maintenance items and capital needs to his/her supervisor in a timely manner
• Reports any conditions which require outside contractors to his/her supervisor immediately
• Presents self in a professional manner at all times
• Reviews repair/maintenance & capital budget for the property and makes efforts to maintain compliance with same
• Maintains compliance with company training policies
• Able to train staff on safety in accordance with company safety policies
• Capable to troubleshoot equipment, guide staff to troubleshoot equipment and systems in a buildings using technical skills and experience
• Able to handle well stress and work under pressure
• Dynamic and work with approach “Can do”, leading by example
• Other responsibilities as requested by supervisor(s)
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
• Experience overseeing custodial or maintenance work
• Experience with boilers, fire panels, pumps, water heaters, plumbing, electric, carpentry, painting
• HS diploma or equivalent at a minimum; the following certifications are preferred: CFM/FMC, LEED AP, LEED O&M, LEED GA, or other similar certification.
• Current FDNY Certifications: S12, S13, P98, P99, S95. If not held, then must obtain within 30 days of employment.
• Driver’s license and vehicle are preferred, in the event that travel between multiple locations is required
Excellent technical skills, and must be very personable and polished.
The Facilities Manager will report into the Director and a HS diploma or equivalent at a minimum is required. Preferred certifications: CFM/FMC, LEED AP, LEED O&M, LEED GA, Current FDNY Certifications: S12, S13, P98, P99, S95. If not held, then must obtain within 30 days of employment.