We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team based in our New York City Executive Office. This position will work closely with teams across the company and reports to the Senior Finance Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Process accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Responsible for general ledger accounting.
• Classify and analyze financial data and records for the purpose of business financial planning.
• Design, recommend, and implement modifications of accounting methods, procedures, forms, and records.
• Interface with personnel across departments and outside the company, including company executives and clients to maintain the proper processing, reporting and flow of information.
• Review monthly budget to actual variance reports and prepare variance explanations.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports and analyses as needed.
• Assist team members as needed.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• CPA license preferred or in process of obtaining CPA license preferred.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and abstract reasoning skills.
• Excellent time management skills and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a high-paced team environment.
• Be able to think outside the box.
• Proficient computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel.