The Vice President, Audit Manager position is a line management role within the Internal Audit for the Americas function. It reports to either a Director, Senior Audit Manager or Managing Director, Division Audit Executive. The position is primarily responsible for project management on assigned audit engagements and for engagement adherence to department standards. This includes supervision of the execution of assigned audits, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue tracking and follow-up. The position is responsible for internal stakeholder management and the supervision of and accountability for the quality of and judgment calls in audit work. It is also responsible for staff management on individual audit engagements.
This position generally does not manage staff in a reporting line relationship, but does manage staff on an engagement-by-engagement assignment basis. Travel is required for the position, with an estimated range of 50% varying on the location of the incumbent and key staff and stakeholder and audit geographies.
Structure and execute efficient and effective audits to:
• Identify potential risk, including awareness of risks both within span of control as well as enterprise-wide
• Assign and review the work of audit team members for assigned engagements in coordination with Audit Director
• Assess the state of the governance, risk management, and control environment aspects relevant to that risk
• Report results in an effective and timely basis, leading to appropriate remedial action and ongoing management of risk Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations Effectively manage stakeholder relationships to a mutually accountable, productive, respectful, and trusted level Act as a leader and role model and continuously improve self and department
• Ten or more years of internal or external audit or risk management experience, including management responsibility
• CAMS Certified and must have experience with OFAC and Sanctions
• Experience with the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends
• Deep knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and audit execution
• Demonstrated proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, audit data analytics, etc.)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills